- email: thisispaulbatchelor at gmail dot com
- address: 9 winchester Rd. Newton MA 02458
- phone: 617-775-1553
- github: http://www.github.com/paulbatchelor
- MA, Music (Music, Science, Technology) Stanford University (2015-2017)
- BM, Electronic Production and Design, Berklee College of Music. Summa Cum Laude
- QuBit Electronix (Summer 2016): Research and Development in floating point
- Google ATAP (Winter 2016): Part of the project SOLI alpha developers program.
Created proof-of-concept music software that used microgestures to control
realtime audio synthesis parameters via the Soli.
- Safari Books Online (Summer 2014 - Spring 2015): Systems administration intern.
- Boulanger Labs and BT (Fall 2013): Software engineer and Sound designer
for Leap Motion App "Muse"
- Berklee College of Music (Spring 2012): Tutor for Audio Programming,
Max/MSP, and Csound.
- Boulanger Labs (Fall 2012-Summer 2012): Software Engineer for csSpectral iOS app
- Langauges: C, C++ (proficient), Csound, FAUST, Lua, Python (proficient),
Perl (proficient), Bash/Shell, sed/AWK, Scheme (proficient)
- Audio: plugin design, audio DSP, JUCE, MATLAB/Octave, Numpy/SciPy, Mixing,
Studio Recording, Sound design, Pro Tools, Reaper, Renoise, PD
- Embedded devices: Arduino, AVR, STM32F series ARM boards, Raspberry Pi
- Graphics: OpenGL, Blender, Inkscape, GIMP, LaTeX
- Software Engineering: Git/Github, Trello, Jira, Agile, GDB, Valgrind,
Prior experience in: Mercurial SVN, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker
- Soundpipe (C, lua): Portable and lightweight music DSP library. Currently
used as primary synthesis engine with AudioKit, a popular iOS framework.
- Sporth (C): Stack-based audio programming language. Includes plugins for ChucK,
PureData, Lua, and LADSPA. Also used inside of AudioKit.
- Ethersurface (Java, Csound): Musical synthesizer for Android. 4.6 stars. 10,000+ Downloads
- Runt (C): General-purpose stack-based language